Tomato Pizza Sauce
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 400g can of tinned tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of caster sugar
- A couple of pinches of salt and black pepper
- A few basil leaves
1) Roughly chop the onion and the garlic cloves.
2) Fry the onion in the oil on medium for 8 minutes stirring so they don't brown.
3) Add the garlic and fry for a further 5 minutes.
4) Add the canned tomatoes, salt and pepper, bring up to a bubble and then turn down and let it simmer for 15 minutes stirring from time to time.
5) Add the sugar and cook for a further 15 minutes until the sauce has reduced a little.
6) Add the basil, leave to cool a little then blend with a hand blender or food processor until the texture is smooth.