Navajo Corn Cakes
To make roughly 10 cakes
- 187g self raising flour
- 112g fine polenta/fine cornmeal
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 55g sugar
- 240ml milk
- 1 egg
- 1 can of sweetcorn (260g drained weight)
- 55g melted butter
- 2 or 3 knobs of butter and little oil for frying
- Optional: you could also add chilli, coriander, feta, cumin.
1) Set the oven to 180c.
2) In a bowl, add the ingredients and mix into a thick batter.
3) In a medium to hot frying pan, add a glug of oil and a small knob of butter and fry 2 tablespoon sized amounts of batter (about 4 or 5 at a time) until nicely coloured on each side. Then put in the oven for 15 to 20 mins, they should puff up a little.